I realize that a lot of TV shows and movies are similar, but some don’t even try to be different. Case in point Rules of Engagement.
It’s a direct copy of the same ‘Til Death, which ran from 2006 to 2010 and starred Eddie Stark from Everybody Love Raymond.
In ‘Til Death there was a married couple, an engaged couple (that lives next door) and a single friend. In short it’s a show about an old married couple and a young, newly engaged couple.
In Rules of Engagement there is a married couple, an engaged couple (that lives in the same building) and a single friend. In short it’s a show about an old married couple and a young, newly engaged couple.
I decided to do some digging to find other shows or movies that were alike and here is what I found …
- Armageddon / Deep Impact
- Paul Blart Mall Cop / Observe and Report
- The Prestige / The Illusionist
- Chasing Liberty / first Daughter
- Antz / A Bug’s Life
- Turner and Hooch / K-9
- Olympus Has Fallen / White House Down
- Friends with Benefits / No Strings Attached
- Shark Tale / Finding Nemo
- Mirror Mirror / Snow White and the Huntsman
- Tombstone / Wyatt Earp
- Striptease / Showgirls